2 T. olive oil
1 15-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 cup crisp white wine, a reisling works well for this
1 15-ounce can of artichoke hearts, cleaned and chopped fine
3 T. dried basil
6-8 ounces of dried penne, boiled and rinsed under cold water
- Saute garlic in olive oil for a few seconds, then add chopped artichokes.
- Saute till they get fragrant and start to crisp.
- Add white wine slowly and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until artichokes are very tender.
- Add tomatoes and basil, give it a good stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for another 20 minutes until very blended and thick.
- Toss sauce with pasta in a large bowl. Great served with a side of vegan meatballs from Whole Foods.