In the interest of laziness saving time, buy pre-seasoned tofu and don’t bother peeling or seeding the cucumber, honestly, who cares?! It’s all fiber and vitamins anyway.
1/2 cucumber diced
2 stalks celery diced
2 spring onions diced
4 ounces seasoned tofu diced
8 ounces dry shell pasta or other small pasta
3/4 c. vegan mayo
2 T. yellow mustard
- While pasta is boiling, dice veggies and put in large bowl.
- Dice tofu in about the same size chunks as the veggies.
- Gently toss mayo, mustard, salt and pepper into the veggies.
- Drain pasta and toss with veggies.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
This will resemble the yellowness of old-fashioned egg salad but will taste better and have no cholesterol. Garnish with tomato flower and sprouted ends of celery stalks to play up the green veggies.
Time-saving Tip: I used store bought Soy Deli brand hickory seasoned tofu instead of seasoning my own. The hickory seasoning adds a bit of spunk.