Some day I may get around to writing that missing tome, White Trash Vegan Cookbook but for now, you’ll have to make do with this recipe. Also, in the interest of laziness saving time, buy pre-seasoned tofu and don’t bother peeling or seeding the cucumber, honestly, who cares?! It’s all fiber and vitamins anyway.
1/2 cucumber diced
2 stalks celery diced
2 spring onions diced
4 ounces seasoned tofu diced
8 ounces dry shell pasta or other small pasta
3/4 c. vegan mayo
2 T. yellow mustard
- While pasta is boiling, dice veggies and put in large bowl.
- Dice tofu in about the same size chunks as the veggies.
- Gently toss mayo, mustard, salt and pepper into the veggies.
- Drain pasta and toss with veggies.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
This will resemble the yellowness of old-fashioned egg salad but will taste better and have no cholesterol. Garnish with tomato flower and sprouted ends of celery stalks to play up the green veggies.
Time-saving Tip: I used store bought Soy Deli brand hickory seasoned tofu instead of seasoning my own. The hickory seasoning adds a bit of spunk.