Ok, this is a quickie, no garnishes and poor photography. Would really benefit from a spring onion or chive garnish on the dip itself. Made the black bean dip really fast this morning.
- Black bean dip, recipe below
- Green beans
- Mushrooms stuffed with bean dip
- Dippers are red pepper and kohlrabi slices
Black Bean Dip
I didn’t measure unfortunately because I was in a hurry. I just kept adding spices until it was yummy. Here’s approximately what I did:
- 1 large can of black beans
- 2 glops of minced garlic from a jar
- about a T. powdered onion
- about 1 t. ground fennel
- about 1 t. cumin
- dribbles of jalapeno hot sauce until it was spicy enough
- no more than 1 t. liquid smoke
All that in a food processor and process while chopping veggie scoopers. Taste and adjust salt, hot sauce and liquid smoke. Go easy on the liquid smoke, it can get too smoky tasting.
If you garnish yours, it will look nicer than mine. Maybe take time to top with shredded Teese® Cheddar or Nacho Cheese. I didn’t have time to do that this morning but will next time. You can get Teese® cheeses in Chicago at the Green Grocer.