Ok, this is a quickie, no garnishes and poor photography. Would really benefit from a spring onion or chive garnish on the dip itself. Made the black bean dip really fast this morning.
- Black bean dip, recipe below
- Green beans
- Mushrooms stuffed with bean dip
- Dippers are red pepper and kohlrabi slices
Black Bean Dip
I didn’t measure unfortunately because I was in a hurry. I just kept adding spices until it was yummy. Here’s approximately what I did:
- 1 large can of black beans
- 2 glops of minced garlic from a jar
- about a T. powdered onion
- about 1 t. ground fennel
- about 1 t. cumin
- dribbles of jalapeno hot sauce until it was spicy enough
- no more than 1 t. liquid smoke
All that in a food processor and process while chopping veggie scoopers. Taste and adjust salt, hot sauce and liquid smoke. Go easy on the liquid smoke, it can get too smoky tasting.