DH once again didn’t eat the lunch I made the other day and after seeing my frustration, decided to tell me EXACTLY what he likes:
- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or toast with PB&J
- my home made potato salad
- that chickpea curry I get from a bag (Kitchens of India brand Pindi Chana)
- those spicy potato fries (Cajun fries from VwaV, page 115)
- that salad I make with my home made Asian dressing
- tomato sandwiches with lettuce and mayo
- carrot slaw with mayo and raisins
If I make spaghetti, it can’t contain any fake meats.
If I make chili, it can’t contain any fake meats or vegetables not befitting a chili (no carrots for example).
No weird vegetables like swiss chard, kohlrabi, brussel sprouts or broccoli.
Nothing with too much garlic.
And absolutely NOTHING containing rosemary, sage or thyme.
As you can see, if I make him a lunch with a tomato/lettuce/mayo sandwich, potato salad and carrot slaw, it will be quite fatty due to the mayo. Even if I sub out my Asian salad for the slaw or potato salad, it still contains sesame and peanut oils in the dressing. UGH! I can’t win. I’ve got a gazillion cookbooks and nothing he likes. I guess it’s back to basics.
Or, I could just pack him a bag of fruit, so long as there aren’t any bananas in it.