Yeah, I’m seriously late to the game and just tried kale this week for the very first time. It wasn’t anything like I expected. From all the web chatter, I expected something bitter and tough but it wasn’t like that at all. In fact, I just purchased a bag of prewashed and chopped kale at the grocery and it was fine. I didn’t even separate the stems from the leaves and parboil first. Nope, it was MUCH easier than expected:
EZ Kale with Corn
- 1 bag of chopped, prewashed kale
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup water with 1 cube of Not-Chick’n dissolved
- 2 cups of frozen corn
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Saute shallot in oil.
- Add kale, corn and broth and toss
- Salt and season with white pepper to taste.
- Saute until wilted well but not army green, should still be bright green
Serve with other foods or you’ll do as I did and fill up on kale, resulting in cabbage-like gastronomical issues. Better to mix your foods folks.