Oh man! THESE are the best scones ever! Especially if you like gingerbread but sometimes find it too heavy and strong. Amazingly yummy, fragrant, fluffy, and the gold raisins are just the right touch. And very tender, fall-apart kinda tender. You’ll need a spatula to transfer them to a plate if you serve them warm, they’re that soft and delicate.
SnarkyVegan’s Light and Fluffy Gingerbread Scones with Juicy Bits
Preheat oven to 425° F for 6 large or 8 medium scones
- 2 cups Bisquick® baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (or a little more if you’re ok with ginger)
- 1/4 cup gold raisins
- 1/3 cup molasses/maple syrup combo (I combined both in the same 1/3 cup measure)
- 1/3 cup soy milk, maybe a teensy bit extra if it’s too dry
- Use a whisk to stir the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Switch to a spoon to stir in the liquids gently. Don’t stir too much, just barely enough to moisten the dry mix.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment papered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes or until rough edges brown.
These will NOT disappoint. There’s just a bit of molasses so they’re not too strong. And just a touch of ginger so they’re not overpowering. Of course, if you like a stronger gingerbread, ditch the maple syrup and go all molasses and increase the ginger. But I found that the amount of spices is perfect for the fluffy texture. If they were any more spicy, I’d probably make a denser texture like a cookie or something. These are just perfect!
In fact, these would work really well as a dessert with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or a cashew cream topping. Served warm of course.