Why not? I mean really?
That said, it wasn’t as good as I’d hoped but it works in a pinch. I need to work on the ingredients a bit and cut way back on the salt.
Snarky’s Curry Tater Tot Casserole-draft version 1
- 1 small to average sized cauliflower head, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli, same thing, into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 tiny jar of Thai Kitchen® green curry paste (see photo of secret ingredient below)
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 2 T. cornstarch
- olive oil and salt
Prepare and Roast Veggies
- Toss veggies in oil and salt, roast in 400F oven till toasty but not smooshy. Roast broccoli separately as it doesn’t need nearly as much time and will wither to nothing if roasted too long.
- Transfer to large bowl. Add dry Butler Soy Curls and stir to mix.
Make Curry Sauce
- While veggies are roasting, pour coconut milk, soy milk, cornstarch and curry paste in sauce pan and whisk over heat until blended.
- Pour sauce over veggie mix in bowl and fold till all are coated. The soy curls will absorb liquid while baking if you have a good liquid to veggie mix ratio. This is where I added a teeny bit more soy milk to ensure the soy curls had enough liquid to absorb. So yeah, I kinda eyeballed it. And you could get away without the soy curls too.
Top with Tots and Bake
- Scoop veggie/curry mix into very large casserole.
- Top with tater tots. I didn’t do this neatly in rows like I did last time. I just sorta threw them on there as many as I needed for one later of tots on top.
- Place on middle rack of oven with a large cookie sheet on rack below to catch drips.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, then bump up to 400F for 15 more minutes to get toasty top.
Salt Note: Watch the salt when roasting veggies because the curry sauce will have an amount and it could end up being too salty overall. So go light on salt during roasting, taste test the curry sauce and adjust your salt in the sauce.
Secret Ingredient: Buy this! It’s vegan too!
Verdict? Not as yummy as my Tater Tot Casserole but with some work, this may be something worth experimenting with next time you find a sale on those jumbo tater tot bags in the freezer section.