She hadn’t experienced such pain since her first red wings in high school. This was the type of pain that only comes when too many girls get together and play drinking games.
“Oh holy hominy, I can’t call in sick again,” Evie complained to no one within earshot.
She had to man up quick and coffee wasn’t going to do it. She needed something to hydrate her and provide energy more than she needed to be awake. There would be time for waking up on the Red Line.
Grabbing the ear plugs and aspirin, she plodded to the kitchen to fix a smoothie that would go down, well, as easily as Mitch. Then, perhaps she could manage to change out of the clothes she wore to Kim’s party.
A pair of ear plugs are helpful if your hangover is severe and your blender loud.
- 1 banana, chunked
- 1 mango, pith removed and flesh chopped
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, skinned
- 3 large or 4 small kale leaves stripped from their stems and torn roughly
- 1 cup coconut water, chilled
Dump everything in the Blendtec and hit the smoothie button. Only add ice cubes to the blender if your headache is not so bad you can’t stand drinking a cold beverage too quickly. Yields about 2 cups of smoothie.
- Use Tuscan/Dino kale because it’s milder and will create a nicer smoothie for this particular occasion.
- Don’t go overboard on the ginger, a short knob about an inch long is sufficient. Really, the only reason I skin ginger is because so many people rummage through it at the store. Bugs me.
- You won’t need sweetener if your banana and mango are ripe.