Never one to shy away from a challenge, Evie won top honors again at her yoga class during the annual Downward Puking Cat contest. Testing willpower and creativity, contestants invented a plethora of curious, weird, and often vile concoctions. Evie always won because her substances were the most creative, odd, and yet edible, not to be confused with yummy.
“Congrats kale queen,” Kim teased, alluding to Evie’s secret ingredient in her award-winning frozen daiquiri. Her frozen kale daiquiri was indeed a very interesting drink, likely loved best by kaleheads and greenies. It was definitely an acquired taste along the lines of wheat grass, but with a rum punch.
If it weren’t for the valuable prizes, including a free private hot yoga session with Amol, their insanely hot instructor, Evie probably wouldn’t bother. She had better things to do with her kale. But the promise of a private session was too much to ignore. It was one way she’d entertain herself during normal business hours since her relationship with Mitch required late dates and sly pie at faraway diners. She hadn’t yet decided how long she’d be able to keep her appointments with him a secret.
Frozen Kale Daiquiri
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce kale juice
- 1.25 ounce agave nectar
- 2 ounces light rum
- enough ice cubes to fill the tall slender glass you’ll use, these go into the blender
- additional ice and water to chill the glass while preparing the drink
- Fill your glass with ice and water to get it chillin’ while preparing the daiquiri.
- Add all other ingredients to your blender and use the ice crush mode to blend.
- Dump the ice/water mixture from the chilled glass and refill with the daiquiri. Garnish with lime.
TIP: This is a drink for serious kaleheads. If you’re not a kale juice fan, you may want to cut the juice 50% with pineapple or mango juice.